Saturday, March 19, 2011

Japan earthquake and tsunami 2011: The Aftermath


In Natori Japan, several casualties have been reported most were on the adult bracket from 50′s to mid 80′s of age. Bodies lied wrapped in blankets, some were in the amidst of mud. The official death toll rose to 5,000, 8,000 and more are still missing. Some British firefighters recently volunteered to help locate survivors.

Residents lost hopes in the city. Some, frightened by another tsunami incident, promised that if and ever the city will be rebuilt, they’ll never live there again. About 430,000 people are in temporary shelters and 350 in the gym and theater of an Ofunato Middle School



American donors have contributed more than $64-million compared to $296 million for the first seven days of Haiti tragedy last year. Starbucks $1.2 million toward relief efforts Toyota has donated $3.75 million The American Red Cross is currently collecting money to assist the Japanese people. In the Philippines, rescue operations consisting of 46 people is set to leave Friday bound to Fukushima, Iwate, and Sendai. Briefing has been held at the National Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (NDRRMC) on Wednesday. The team will bring basic commodities that could last for 20 days. Though the operations had risks of contamination of radioactive materials, the team is armed with hopes of clear paths towards OFW’s that were stucked in the Land of the Rising Sun. Monetary donations is low maybe because Japan’s known for it’s wealth and stability in handling disasters. USA TODAY says that it is wiser to wait, 

“to coolly assess where aid might be needed and when it might be needed”

  

2 comments:

J. Kulisap said...

My thoughts and prayers for Japan.

Sows said...

tama po.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget